Microeconomics Paper Topics
Finding the right topic to write a paper on is one of the most important stages of the writing process. Choose the right one, and you will make life so much easier for yourself; choose the wrong one, and it’ll be three times as hard to write it.
That’s why it is crucial to invest sufficient time in selecting the right topic. The time you spend doing it will pay back in the time and effort saved during the actual writing.
In this blog post, we have compiled a list of possible topics you could choose to write a paper in microeconomics. Some are rather narrow, others are broader. The common thing is that they will not pose any additional difficulties in writing and there are plenty of sources to get information from.
Key areas of research
As a more developed science than macroeconomics, microeconomics studies the economic tendencies, predicts what will happen when individuals make certain buying decisions, and how it will impact the distribution of resources. At that microeconomics doesn’t explain what should happen on the market, but only what to expect when certain conditions change.
The study of microeconomics includes the following key areas that one can focus on when writing a paper:
- Demand, supply, and their balance
- Elasticity – the ratio of responsiveness of one variable to the change of another variable
- Consumer demand theory – the way consumers can find a balance between purchasing needs and costs
- The theory of production – the study of how inputs are converted into outputs
- Costs of production
- Perfect competition
- Monopoly – the existence of a single supplier for a particular commodity
- Oligopoly – a form of market in which it is dominated by a small number of sellers
- Market structure and market systems
- Game theory
- Labor economics
- Welfare economics
- Economics of information
- Opportunity cost
Examples of more specific topics you can use for your paper
Supply and demand:
- How supply and demand affect pricing
- How supply and demand are affected by the labor market
- Distinct types of market structures and their effect on supply
Nature and ecology:
- The impact of seasonal fluctuations on the economy
- Demand and supply for clean energy
- How natural conditions affect the economy
- The influence of ecology on the choice of industry location
- The profitability of changing the location to one with better ecology
- The correlation between modern ecological problems and the economy
- How companies treat ecology under market and planned economies
- Assimilation potential of a certain area
- Fighting pollution and its microeconomic impact
- Decreasing environmental influences of a small business
- The characteristics of private health care centers
- The correlation between healthcare profits and taxation
Business, SMB, and manufacturing
- The difficulties of starting a business in the current market conditions
- Diminishing returns
- Improving profitability of a small store
- How local manufacturing affects the society
- Purchasing local produce and its effect on the economy
- Elements of a successful business
- Creating a positive work place and its importance for a successful business
- How can a small business survive an economic crisis?
- The competition between small and big companies
- A case study of a company that was forced to shut down
- The longevity of companies in the ever-changing market
- Local customer trends
- The benefits of a no-sale policy
- The effects of a recession on a certain industry
- How to expand a business without losses or risks
- What makes a strong leader in business
- Preventing bankruptcy of a small business
- The benefits and future of crowdfunding
Social media, PR, and advertising
- The effect of advertising on purchasing decisions
- The odds of success when living through a quality-related scandal
- The role of social media marketing in stimulating supply
Goods, pricing and purchasing power
- The effect of the purchasing ability of consumers on the pricing system
- A Veblen good – the product purchased for the pride of owning it in addition to its value
- Manipulation of the prices for oil and gas by cartels
- Prices versus salary – will the raise of the minimum wages affect prices?
These are but a few ideas of microeconomic paper topics, which means this list is far from complete. We encourage you to look for other ideas that will help your paper stand out.
Ask a question
24 Economic Term Paper Topic Ideas For College Students
Writing a unique term paper tends to be a long and tedious process. Therefore, you need to start brainstorming for ideas as soon as you are given the assignment. An early work plan and organization will make your writing process much easier. A term paper carries a lot of weight in it when it comes to your final year results. Thus, the best way to ensure you score as high marks as possible is by choosing the most outstanding subjects. If you have been assigned to write on an economics topic, there are a lot of areas you can look into. Here is a list of the top 24 topic ideas that can help you:
- How is the Global economy affected by high obesity rates?
- What are the effects of cyber-crime on the Internet economy?
- Which was the best economic policy formulated by President Obama in 2014?
- How effectively has the European Union managed the Economic crisis?
- Effect of global warming on the economic.
- What are the impacts of labor immigration and migration on a state's economy?
- Economic advantages resulting from changes in climate.
- Does the World Bank still have an impact on international economies?
- How is the European economy affected by the trade policy in China?
- Economic consequences of an increase in the number of endangered biodiversity.
- China's political and economic power
- Which are the global economic effects emerging from the Middle East wars?
- Global impacts in the travel agency due to an Ebola pandemic
- How are low fuel prices affecting country's which are dependent on fossil exports?
- Which are the probable effects of the continuous economy recovery process?
- Will the European rate of interest increase in the next year?
- Which is expected to be the largest economic threat in the United Kingdom in 2015?
- How will the Middle East economies be affected by the new alternative sources of energy?
- Which is expected to be the World's leading economy?
- Impact of the phone technology on the World's economy.
- Effects of political on Russia's economy on prices of energy.
- Is the Keynesian model the most viable technique for solving economic challenges?
- Is economic growth dependent on the government?
- Analysis of the 2008 economic collapse.
These are just but a few of the most current intriguing economic topics that you can use for your term paper. Select one that interests you and raises your enthusiasm as well as that of your readers.